Friday, September 9, 2011

Chicken in Tomato's and garlic


Just a little something I whipped up today for the hubby!
Okay, I used boneless skinless chicken breast but I think thighs or legs would be better.
4 pieces Chicken of choice
6 ripe tomato's
Olive oil
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup white wine
1 onions
1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil
8 cloves of garlic
Preheat oven to 400
I poured olive oil into the bottom of my Dutch oven and then added butter. Heat until butter is melted and bubbly. Brown chicken on both sides then remove from the pot. Put in the White wine and let it cook down about half then add onions and garlic. Let it cook for about a min then add the tomato's and herbs of choice. Smash the tomato's down then bring to a boil and place the chicken back in the pot. cover and place in a preheated oven for an hour to hour and a half. Chicken will be fork tender.

I served this with Rice Pilaf but would be good with Mashed potato's or pasta also

No comments: